When 2020 arrived, we never imagined that a virus would become a pandemic, much less we foresaw all the health, economic and social consequences that it would entail. But the reality is that we live a new reality and we have to adapt to it. It is not possible to just wait for the situation to change or for the long-awaited vaccine to arrive and we will all be back to the way it was a year ago, so we must adopt measures against the coronavirus such as the use of surgical masks.
At some point we will return to those everyday things that today are restricted or guarded. But for now the important thing is to preserve your own health and that of others by complying with a series of measures against the coronavirus such as the following.
Measures against coronavirus: precautions to avoid infecting you
Throughout these months there have been many rumors, misinformation, myths and more. But at the same time, enormous advances and dozens of scientific articles have emerged that study and evaluate the virus from various angles. Thus, as of today, the fundamental and basic measures against the coronavirus are concentrated in the following:
- Frequent hand washing: hygiene has undoubtedly been the key factor to avoid contagion since the existence of Covid was discovered. It is known that it is possible to destroy the virus from hands and surfaces through continuous hygiene. The use of soap and water, followed by intensive and continuous rubbing, will be a great barrier to avoid contagion. And in the event that it is not possible for you to wash your hands with soap and water, the use of hydroalcoholic gel is essential for your health as one of the measures against the coronavirus.
- Adequate ventilation of the home and workspace: closed environments have turned out to be true sources of infection, especially when there are a number of people gathered that makes the minimum physical distance impossible, which is 2 meters away. Not just coughing or sneezing, but talking, laughing, or even exhaling expels a large number of tiny drops of saliva and fluids. The "heaviest" fall to the ground, but the finest are a kind of aerosol that floats in the environment even for hours.
To avoid contagion in a closed environment, try to ventilate it at least every hour, opening windows as one of the measures against the coronavirus. And if there is no air circulation, use an air machine for that purpose.
- Avoid touching your face: Given the automatic tendency to touch our face, especially eyes, nose and mouth, it is not uncommon for us to carry various contaminants into it, one of them being droplets containing Covid. This is one of the most frequent forms of contagion. Avoid touching your face as one of the measures against the coronavirus, but since it is often an act that we do not realize, wash your hands whenever you can and wear a mask to prevent contagion through the face.
- Avoid physical proximity: After the summer and with the de-escalation, certain non-essential activities were allowed, from going for a walk or playing sports to going to the restaurant or attending some events. However, in the face of the new wave of infections, if there is no reason, it is better not to go to places full of people. Especially if there is no way to keep the safety distance of two meters. Remember that the virus does not discriminate between people. With the entry into force of the new restrictions, one of the measures against the coronavirus is not to leave the house between 22-24 hours (depending on your area) and 6.00:XNUMX hours.
- Use of mask: As you know, in Spain the use of a mask is mandatory to go out on the street and for activities or meetings in which there are people from your family group (those who do not live with you). Always use a mask that is approved, not because it is an obligation, but because the mask is a barrier against Covid since it prevents your saliva droplets from falling on other people or surfaces at the same time that those of other people fall on your face, or touching your nose and mouth after touching a contaminated surface.
Why the surgical mask remains one of the essential anti-coronavirus measures
Many people have to leave their homes for various reasons, from going to work, going to the dentist, to shopping, playing sports or walking the dog. Protection is extremely important, especially if there is no suitable place to wash your hands with soap and water. The surgical mask, given the material from which it is made (synthetic fibers that repel moisture), is still the great barrier against the droplets to which we are exposed.
We know that the mask is necessary, but which mask to choose? Fabric masks, although they are more aesthetic, do not have a filter and are not approved. The FFP3 and FFP2 masks are approved and have a filter, but they are only recommended for healthcare personnel or other jobs. Health authorities establish that surgical masks are the most recommended for the general population, since they have a 99% efficiency, certified and inexpensive.
The problem for some people with surgical masks is that they are disposable for single use and not at all aesthetic, so they fell in using cloth ones. However, At Mascarillas Béjar we offer surgical masks for you or for your company or business that are reusable with up to five washes and that we have them in different colors and patterns to match your clothes. We also offer the option of custom reusable surgical masks with your business logo, something that only Béjar Masks has in all of Spain. We also have masks with prints designed by Locking, Roberto Torretta, Devota & Lomba and Ion Fiz exclusively for Mascarillas Béjar. So not only do you protect yourself and others, but you also wear an accessory that will match your outfit. We have offers at great prices that will undoubtedly convince you. Take a look at our website and buy a pack of 24 masks with the 12 designs available at a good price, or family packs of masks and even a pallets if you want for your company.